Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Don't Fire Norv


The Chargers have won six in a row, and the offense looks pretty spectacular. As a result, people somehow don't hate The Buzzkill anymore. And as the journalist (laugh) at the forefront of the Fire Norv movement, I'm fine with this. He's doing a great job with the offense. Just like an offensive coordinator should. So please allow me to clarify: I do not want Norv Turner gone from the Charger organization. I just want him gone from the sideline. He does not motivate or teach (most of the Chargers impact players came up under Marty), and this is what a head coach does. Mike Tomlin and Ken Wisenhunt don't draw up plays. They just yell at players and dole out high fives like they were pride stickers. We need a guy like that.

So as a show of good faith, the motto is no longer "Fire Norv." It's now "Move Norv" (to the coordinators' booth). I was gonna go with "Demote Norv," but move has four letters just like Norv and I'm very fond of the letter V. Also in the running were "Stick Him In The Booth!" and "The Sideline Is No Place For A Norv."

No comments:

Post a Comment