Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chargers 37 - 7 Chiefs



Well I'll tell ya, those blue lines move a lot better than the red ones. As you may have determined from that statement, I did not watch this game. CBS instead subjected the city of Tucson to the Patriots vs. the 1976 Buccaneers at Wembley Stadium. So, without further ado, I present to you, a recap based entirely on highlights and NFL.com Game Center (which is way better than ESPN Gamecast).

So from what I've seen this was just a different team today. Rivers was never pressured, which is a great sign, and he played mistake free football. Tomlinson is still getting his burst back, and as I said last week those open field skills are gonna take a while to come back. My prediction: By week 10 that 37 yard run he had in the first is a touchdown.

On the other side of the ball I'm very encouraged. Holding any team to 7 points -especially when you go up big and they're airing it out to try and come back - is an achievement. The Kansas City Chiefs ARE professional athletes. Some of them just barely, but still.

Until next week, please let me watch my team CBS. I'm begging.


1 comment:

  1. Hmm, maybe, if you want to be able to watch the Chargers every weekend, you shouldn't live in Tucson. What fan of the Chargers would ever move to Tucson? (I'm assuming you lived in SD because I can't see how you'd be a fan of the Chargers otherwise. They suck.) It's not like it's even a better city. I've been to Tucson. It blows. It really is a shame you missed the game today, it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete