Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Los Angeles Chargers: An Opinion


So it seems as though our beloved Chargers may soon be moving to a beautiful new facility located about 20 miles East of Los Angeles. The facility, valued at $800 million was OK'd last week by the Governator and will likely steal our team from us for the 2011 or 2012 season.

And you know what? I'm fine with it. You heard me, Spanos. Do it. Go ahead and leave. You can't shake me that easy. I'll still go to class every Monday wearing my Rivers jersey and I'll still write this blog. Just pack your bags and leave. See if I don't stay faithful. Make. My. Day. Because the thing is, I'm a Charger fan. I don't care where they play, I still identify with that team, those players, that uniform (My one request? Keep the powder blues). No matter where they call home, I still root for Phillip Rivers, LaDanian Tomlinson, Shawne Merriman, etc. And by the time those guys are gone we'll already be entrenched with a new group of stars. It's a never-ending cycle of hero worship, and I love it.

On a related note, look at that picture! The place is insane! And it's 109 miles from downtown San Diego. I'd drive up there in a heartbeat. I mean it's got a freaking shopping mall attached. You can make a day of it. Don't tell me you wouldn't rather see a game there than the Q. Because that would be a lie. And you wouldn't lie to me would you, Reader? I didn't think so.

I for one look forward to cheering on the Los Angeles Chargers, and so should you.

Los Angeles Football Stadium Website

No comments:

Post a Comment