Friday, November 13, 2009

LaDainian Tomlinson, Mercifully, is Injured


If I may, I'd like to offer a piece of advice to one Mr. LaDainian Tomlinson, professional running back. LaDainian, I know Norv has said in recent days that your injury is no big deal and that you're going to be fine Sunday against the Eagles. But for goodness sake LT, about face. Like immediately. You're not good this season. Just start milking this injury and don't play again because you're not as good as Darren Sproles anymore. Suffer a setback. Fall down some stairs. Something. Just don't play anymore.

Now I realize this makes me a hypocrite. For the last few weeks I have been among the Tomlinson boosters. I saw him reaching the second level more often, and preaching that he will get his open-field instincts back in time. But I was wrong. Dead wrong. LT is not a good running back anymore. He's too slow and too worried about getting hurt to be an effective runner. For the rest of this season he should be a mentor to Sproles and Hester, and this off season he should be traded to the Redskins for a player of actual value. I would also accept him retiring and coming on as a running backs coach next season. I just don't want him on the field. At all. Ever again. For the second time today, I'm sorry. It's been a nice run. It's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment